Monday, February 15, 2010

Vasovagal Episodes

Well it looks like i have this problem http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_episode we've decided with a little help from a neurologist. I've had these episodes triggered by hard coughing and I'm currently under docs orders not to do any driving. The reason i'm coughing so much is because of a long time smoking habit, now struggling to break that habit. If I can eliminate the coughing as a trigger I think it will be safe for me to continue driving.

I've had a reoccuring problem with these type of fainting spells since my teenage years. And I'm certain that in some cases it has been triggered by severe anxiety, never could donate blood because of the fainting. I've had blood drawn for tests so many times you'd think i would have gotten over the anxiety by now, but needles still trouble me occassionally. I'm currently taking a psychiatric medication called Xanex for anxiety, seems to help. I started taking the Xanex right after i complained to my doctor about the anxiety over this disability case. Now as i've already remarked in my JAN posting, the disability benefits were denied; and this is basicly the third time an SSA judge has denied my case. However my attorney is still willing to pursue the case and has begun the process of appealing.

I'm just keeping this posting very brief, it goes to my personal life and history.

1 comment:

jaki said...

i know how frustrating the fainting can be when the doctors, once they have taken all their blood tests, come back and tell you there is nothing they can find wrong and "You are just gonna be one of those people who faint". My daughter goes thru all that and has fainted at the sight of the needle,
Keep trying to quit smoking, you WILL succeed.

A Letter of Instruction for the 'Children of God & Mother Earth/Gaia'

A Letter of Instruction for the "Children of God & Mother Earth/Gaia" Step 1: Believe in yourself, Step 2: d...