Sunday, January 29, 2012

Making a Difference

If I wanted to change the world in a big way, I probably do not have the time or ability to be successful in my desire. But if i'm happy to change the world in small ways then I have already been successful. And what more should we really hope for than to know we are saved for eternity? Beyond this what expectations should we have? If I believe that God is the great planner that many people think he is, I must humbly admit that I have no special knowledge of that plan. But I know that I can not make such a plan accountable to my own personal desires. If I have many expectations then I'll most likely be following a path of many disappointments. It's very hard for me to trust that anyone else would have superior insight, even though I believe we all share the one source for all inspiration. I trust what I myself have experienced before I would trust another person's account or claims; I prefer my own opinions in case there are any contradictions. But I'm willing to be proven wrong, our knowledge can never be made perfect by our own means. Popularity is no way to gauge righteousness; and I've heard other people argue that its alright for us to judge so long as we are righteous judges. But I really wonder how anyone can be certain of that; and it seems to me that meekness is favored over righteousness if they're not the same thing.

I have my own validation for believing that Jesus was successful in creating salvation, although I still don't understand the how and why of it. And I believe that he did this for everyone, whether or not we believed in it, and whether or not anyone else thinks we are deserving. One man claiming to be inspired with a divine vision suggested that a general resurrection was the ultimate end of prophecy, and i quite like the idea of it. And while that story has become very popular it might still be wrong, merely wishful thinking at best, and not within the realm of possibilities. But while I don't have all the answers myself, I'm generally willing to wait for the right answers. We can never be certain of some things until after it becomes a part of our personal history and experience, we just need to be patient. In the short or long-term there's nothing better than first-hand information. In the long run I don't think it really matters what we merely believe; but what we do and how we treat one-another might make a difference.

No comments:

A Letter of Instruction for the 'Children of God & Mother Earth/Gaia'

A Letter of Instruction for the "Children of God & Mother Earth/Gaia" Step 1: Believe in yourself, Step 2: d...